Teachers will learn how to create a focused interdisciplinary thematic unit of study.
· Learn to create essential questions that guide students’ learning through four-five week unit plans;
· Use REACH unit plan templates and guides to create the unit;
· Learn to identify text sets that align to core content and promote reading;
· Align writing assignments to the unit of study;
· Create assessments and rubrics to monitor student learning; and
· Create structures for sharing units and monitoring instructional progress with other teachers using the unit.
School leaders should consider sending a team of teachers so that at the end of the session there are enough units to guide students’ learning for the entire year within a grade.
Steps for Registration: PD location at REACH office (434 Lenox Ave., NY, NY 10037)
Create a purchase order for staff development for $1050 per participant| Submit the below registration form (one per participant) via email Turquoise Gaddy at email@example.com. Contact Turquoise for any questions, as well.