During the 2018 REACH(c) Awards Dinner, the President and CEO and chief architect of the New York State Education Department's Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) will recognize awardees of several categories aligned to excellent practices inspired and guided by the DTSDE rubric.
We are encouraging school districts to nominate superintendents, school leaders, and teachers who fulfill the expectations within the following categories:
Superintendents: Using the DTSDE to achieve and sustain academic excellence;
Principals: Achieving excellence in the DTSDE Statements of Practice 2.4, 3.4, 4.4, Tenet 5, and Tenet 6; and
Teachers: Embracing capacity building via the DTSDE Statements of Practice 3.2, 3.3, 4.2, and 4.3
There are a limited number of presentation opportunities for practitioners to present their best practices aligned to coaching. Presenter applicants will have 90 minutes for their presentations.
REACH(c) conference organizers are looking for presentations aligned to the following topics:
- Coaching peers;
- Effective collaboration;
- Effective use of teacher leaders;
- Innovative district-level coaching models; and
- other interesting coaching topics
The deadline for submission is September 30, 2017.
Acceptance notifications will be emailed between October 15 and November 1, 2017.
Proposals must correspond to the 2018 REACH(c) Whole School Reform: Coaching Through Systems that Work Conference principles.
nominee's SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process will be conducted by committee of REACH(c) lead DTSDE reviewers. The winners will be announced by October 15, 2017. Each winner will be able to register free of charge for the full conference experience. All honorable mention nominees will be able to register at a 50% discount. Guests of all winners and honorable mention nominees, who register as a group with the winner or honorable mention, will receive a 25% discount off the registration fee. All winners must be registered to attend the conference by November 15, 2018, to be confirmed as a winner of their category.
Presenter's SELECTION PROCESS
The REACH(c) proposal committee will evaluate the presenter's ability to
- Address a current or important topic in education;
- Explain how his or her work has been implemented in a classroom, school, or district;
- Demonstrate creativity and show how an innovative strategy addresses a challenge;
- Clearly define the outcomes for participants; and
- Utilize a delivery model other than a lecture format.
- Presenters should focus on coaching. Our participants are interested in developing and effectively using coaching strategies to address their district's and school's improvement needs. Presentations that explicitly model effective strategies, the more relevant your session will be to conference participants.
- What did it look like when you realized your efforts were successful? REACH(c) is known for delivering hands-on, practical advise that is aligned to the needs of conference participants. Providing a space for action planning in your session that can lead to immediate improvements in districts and schools. The best presentations are the sessions that outline the what participants will take away for their immediate consideration.
- Ensure high levels of interaction. Participants enjoy sessions that encourage discourse and the ability to interact with other people. Developing new thought partners who may have different, but applicable, experiences is a sure way to meet the needs of session participants.
space and equipment
REACH(c) will ensure that the conference site supplies the following audio/visual (AV) equipment in each room:
- Projector and screen
- Wired lavalier mic
- Laptop audio connection into sound system
- All cables required to connect laptop to projector
- Flip chart and marker (upon request)
You must order any additional AV equipment directly from Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. Contact Turquoise Gaddy at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for additional equipment. The additional cost of the equipment will be billed to the presenter.
All AV forms must be submitted by November 30, 2017. If you have changes or additions to your AV requirements after this time or once on-site, there may be a charge for the changes.
Note: Your room set-up and capacity information will be e-mailed to you closer to the event date.